RENOVATING SCHOOL FOR THE FUTURE
Welcome to our school renovation project. During the earthquake in 2014, this school was. Ganga Ghar and the local community reconstructed the school with the help of donors like you. Click here to learn more. The school and the community have been in debt with our support. We are now embarking on an exciting journey to renovate and modernize our beloved school. But we can’t do it alone; we need your help.
Education is the cornerstone of a thriving society, and every child deserves access to a safe and inspiring learning environment. Unfortunately, many schools around the world are in dire need of renovation to provide students with the best possible education. Sora Gharai is no exception. This school has been a hub of learning and growth for decades.
Our renovation project isn’t just about bricks and mortar; it’s about creating a better educational experience for our students, teachers, and parents. Here’s what we aim to achieve:
1. Electricity: It is hard to imagine a school without electricity. It is the story of Sora Gharai School and its students. This project will install electrical infrastructure to power classrooms and staff rooms, enabling lights, wifi, modern teaching methods, and technology.
2. Kindergarten: Kindergarten is crucial in a child’s early education and development. It is often a child’s first experience in a school setting. It needs to be fun and exciting. This project will add bare essentials such as carpets, cushions, child-friendly tables, books, toys and supplies. Our goal is to create an environment where children interact with peers, develop social skills, and learn how to collaborate, share, and communicate effectively with others.
3. Teachers: Learning English fosters cross-cultural understanding and boosts a student’s self-confidence and sense of personal achievement, which can positively impact their overall well-being. This project will place two English teachers at the school for two years to bridge the gap and offer students more significant opportunities and access to the global community.
4. Technologies: With electricity in place, the school can use modern teaching methods and technology. This project will add a TV, two computers, and WIFI to give students and teachers access to a vast amount of information. This enables more engaging and interactive learning to help students grasp complex concepts by providing visual and hands-on experiences.
5. Kitchen & Bathrooms: The teachers and staff at the school have personally requested a small kitchen and clean bathrooms. It is something that didn’t cross our minds but we could see and understand the reason behind it. The school has no kitchen and the deteriorating bathroom is unusable.
6. Classroom Supplies: content to come
7. General Maintenance: This fund will cover the painting and general maintenance of the school to ensure longevity, safety and functionality.
8. Project Administration: This fund will cover administrative and travel expenses for Ganga Ghar volunteers.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST?
Based on planning and analysis, the following cost breakdown summarizes the budget required to renovate and transform the future of Sora Gharai School and the community.